ARINSA is a multi-agency informal network between participating countries. We exchange information, model legislation and country laws in asset forfeiture, confiscation and money laundering. Other services are newsletters, publications, events, links to other networks.
On 23-24 March 2009 delegates from law enforcement and prosecution agencies from nine countries in the eastern and southern African region met in Pretoria to discuss the creation of a new, informal Network of investigators and prosecutors. (Read the original document)
Countries represented at the conference were: Botswana, Lesotho, Mauritius, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
It was agreed that an informal network based on the CARIN model would be of considerable help to prosecutors and investigators working on cases involving the identification, tracing, freezing, seizure, confiscation and recovery of proceeds and instrumentalities of crime, and that such a network, established in accordance with the parameters set out below, should be established without delay.
Key ObjectivesIn seeking to meet its Aim, ARINSA will:
• focus on the proceeds and instrumentalities of all crimes, within the scope of international obligations;
• establish itself as a Centre of Excellence on all aspects of tackling the instrumentalities and proceeds of crime;
• promote the exchange of information and good practice;
• establish a network of contact points;
• facilitate and promote, the establishment, where possible, of national centres of excellence in all aspects of tackling the proceeds of crime;
• make recommendations to other bodies such as the Eastern and Southern African Anti-Money Laundering Group (ESAAMLG) and SADC, relating to all aspects of tackling the proceeds of crime;
• act as an advisory group to appropriate authorities;
• facilitate, where possible, training in all aspects of tackling the proceeds of crime;
• recognise the importance of cooperation with the private sector in achieving its aim.
Contact UsAddress : 1059 Francis Baard Street, Hatfield, 0028, Pretoria
Telephone : +27 12 432 0820
eMail : email@example.com